FRACTIONAL CIO LED DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
Client: Under NDA
Model: Associate Partnership
Headquarters: North West Region, Englands
Operations: Four bricks and mortar stores, two restaurants, a warehouse, e-commerce.
Headcount: Employed 200+
A bricks and mortar / online retailer felt IT was a "financial black hole" that was not performing and causing issues within the business. Acting as an associate partner for a Managed Service Provider (MSP) looking to increase it's commercial reach and support within the client, pur fractional leader was embedded within the company during the Covid period. Classed as an essential business, the client was open and operating with our associate on-site.
WHAT WE DID
We undertook an IT review of the IT people, the network, infrastructure, governance and ability to meet the needs of the business and identified significant technical debt and areas for commercial, operational and financial performance.
WHAT WE DELIVERED
Post-report, we generated an appropriate IT Strategy and associated programme of works to deliver, overseeing delivery. This led to
- The on-site IT team being let go.
- The MSP taking on responsibility for the management of network and infrastructure with clear KPIs and targets.
- The board being trained in how to manage an outsource IT contract effectively.
- The existing financial, warehousing and reporting infrastructure replaced by Microsoft 365 and Dynamics 365.
- An in-house champions network to facilitate requirements and support gathering was established.
- EPOS systems were upgraded with appropriate redundancy implemented
As a result of the work undertaken, IT was now fully understood in terms of cost and operational management by the board, with an appropriate IT strategy continuing to set direction. The ability to now managed data more effectively led to considerable improvements and cost reductions in areas of warehousing, stock management and procurement.
Interested in finding out more?
Book a no-obligation meeting to explore how Bentlebury can help.