STRATEGIC I.T. REVIEW
What is a Strategic I.T. Review?
A Strategic IT Review is a comprehensive evaluation of an organisation's information technology (IT) infrastructure, processes, policies, and management practices.
The primary objective of the review is to identify areas for improvement, ensure alignment with business objectives, and enhance the overall efficiency and effectiveness of IT performance. The review typically covers several key aspects, including:
- IT Operations This involves examining the day-to-day management of IT infrastructure, such as hardware, software, networks, and data centres. The review assesses the effectiveness of IT service management processes, system performance, and maintenance practices to identify potential issues and areas for optimisation.
- IT Governance This refers to the frameworks, policies, and procedures that guide IT decision-making within an organisation. The review evaluates the alignment between IT strategy and business objectives and ensures that appropriate governance structures are in place to manage risks, ensure compliance, and facilitate effective decision-making.
- IT Security A key aspect of the review is to evaluate the organisation's IT security posture, including its policies, practices, and technologies for protecting sensitive information and maintaining system integrity. This may involve assessing the effectiveness of the management of security measures such as firewalls, antivirus software, and intrusion detection systems.
- Data Management The review assesses how the organisation handles data storage, backup, and recovery, ensuring that data is appropriately protected and accessible when needed. This may involve evaluating data management policies, data quality, and data privacy practices.
- IT Staff and Resources The review examines the organisation's IT workforce, analysing their skills, roles, and responsibilities to ensure they are aligned with the organisation's needs. This may include evaluating the IT team's size, training and professional development opportunities.
- Vendor Management The review evaluates the organisation's relationships with IT vendors and suppliers, including the selection process, contract management, and performance monitoring. This helps to ensure that vendors are delivering high-quality products and services, and that the organisation is getting the best value for its investments.
- IT Project Management The review assesses the organisation's approach to managing IT projects, including project planning, execution, and monitoring processes. This helps to identify areas for improvement in project management practices, ensuring that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet their objectives.
- IT Budgeting and Financial Management The review analyses the organisation's IT budgeting and financial management practices, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively and that IT investments align with business objectives. This may involve reviewing budget planning, cost control measures and return on investment calculations.
- IT Risk Management The review examines the organisation's approach to identifying, assessing, and mitigating IT risks, such as security threats, data breaches, and system failures. This helps to ensure that the organisation has a robust risk management framework in place and is prepared to respond effectively to potential incidents.
- IT Performance Metrics and Reporting The review evaluates the organisation's IT performance measurement and reporting practices, ensuring that they provide accurate, timely, and relevant information to support decision-making and drive continuous improvement.
A Strategic IT Review of operations and governance, will give a comprehensive understanding of your IT environment, identify areas for improvement and implementationof best practices to enhance overall performance and support business objectives.
Interested in finding out more?
Book a no-obligation meeting to explore how Bentlebury can help.